Binghamton rolls past UMBC 81-61
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP)—Dylan Talley scored 25 points and Mahamoud Jabbi had 20 points and 11 rebounds to lead Binghamton to an 81-61 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Sunday.
Talley was 11-for-16 and Jabbi was 8-for-11 from the floor to help the Bearcats (12-17, 7-7 America East Conference) roll to a 46-29 halftime lead on their way to snapping a four-game losing streak.
Binghamton took a 27-13 lead on Talley’s layup with 9:42 left in the first half and pushed it to 34-18 on Jabbi’s layup with 7:13 to play. Taylor Johnston’s 3-pointer gave the Bearcats a 37-18 lead with 6:42 left.
Moussa Camara’s dunk extended Binghamton’s lead to 56-34—its largest of the game—with 13:45 to play in the contest.
Camara finished with 10 points to extend his double-figure scoring streak to nine games. Binghamton outrebounded UMBC 43-25.
Chauncey Gilliam led UMBC (3-25, 2-13) with 21 points.
- Binghamton rolls past UMBC 81-61
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown