Lafayette defeats Lehigh 90-75
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Ryan Willen scored 22 points and Jeff Kari added 18 on 6-of-7 3-pointers to help Lafayette defeat Lehigh 90-75 on Sunday.
The Leopards (16-11, 7-5 Patriot League) shot 55.2 percent from 3-point range (16 of 29) and 59.3 percent from the field (32 of 54).
Lafayette’s hot shooting, along with 20 points from the bench, overcame 17 turnovers which led to 24 Mountain Hawks points.
Lehigh opened with a 10-2 lead, but the Leopards answered with six 3-pointers and outscored the Mountain Hawks 18-4 to take a 20-15 lead with 12:51 left in the first half. A Darion Benbow jumper and a Levi Giese 3 gave Lehigh a 25-18 advantage at the under-12 minute media timeout.
C.J. McCollum had his third double-double with 28 points and 10 rebounds for Lehigh (17-10, 9-3), which snapped a two-game winning streak and lost for just the second time in its last six games.
- Lafayette defeats Lehigh 90-75
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look