Colgate 49, Bucknell 69
LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP)—Patrick Behan scored 24 points and Bucknell defeated Colgate 69-49 on Sunday, clinching a top four seed and a home game in the first round of the Patriot League tournament.
The Bison (13-15, 8-4 Patriot League) scored 17 points off 15 turnovers and shot 52.9 percent (27 of 51) in their fourth straight win and seventh in the last eight.
The Bison led by one with 12:32 left in the first half, but outscored the Raiders 16-5 over the next 5:20 to pull away. Behan’s jumper capped the run, which featured six points off three turnovers, for a 27-15 lead with 7:12 left in the first half.
Mike Muscala and Bryson Johnson added 12 points each for the Bison, who shot 62.5 percent in the second half (15 of 24).
Colgate’s leading scorer, Kyle Roemer (15 points per game) was held to just five points on 1 of 12 shooting. Mitch Rolls paced the Raiders (8-18, 4-8) with nine points.
- North Carolina, Michigan State don camouflage for Carrier Classic
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges