Central Connecticut State nips Wagner 62-60
NEW YORK (AP)—Robby Ptacek came off the bench to score 17 points and Central Connecticut State edged Wagner 62-60 on Saturday night.
Markeys Deans had 15 points in a reserve role and Shemik Thompson added 14 for the Blue Devils (10-17, 7-9 Northeast Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak. The Blue Devils had 32 points from their bench and won despite shooting 37.9 percent (22 of 58) from the field.
Clinging to a 56-55 lead, the Blue Devils scored 5 straight points to lead 61-55 after Deans’ layup with 2:26 to go.
The Seahawks cut the lead to 62-60 with 52 seconds left on a basket by Tyler Murray. The Seahawks had a chance to tie it, but turned the ball over with 15 seconds remaining.
Murray scored 19 points and Michael Orock added 11 for the Seahawks (4-25, 2-14), who lost their sixth straight.
- Central Connecticut State nips Wagner 62-60
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember