Florida Atlantic 80, Troy 86
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Richard Delk scored 21 points to lead Troy to an 86-80 victory over Florida Atlantic on Saturday night.
Delk also added seven rebounds for the Trojans (16-11, 11-5 Sun Belt Conference). Michael Vogler scored 18 points, while Brandon Hazzard chipped in with 17. Troy split the season series after losing to FAU 83-69 on Jan. 7.
Shavar Richardson finished with a career-high 31 points for the Owls (14-13, 10-6). Richardson was 9-for-19 from the field, including 6-for-12 from 3-point range.
The game was tied at 51 with 14 minutes left to play, but Troy went on a 15-5 run to take a 66-56 lead after a 3-pointer from Hazzard with 7:57 remaining. The Owls never recovered, and the Trojans shot 5-for-6 from the free throw line in the final minute to secure the win.
Troy held a 35-24 rebounding edge over FAU and shot 64.2 percent from the field (34-for-53).
- Florida Atlantic 80, Troy 86
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four