UTSA upends Sam Houston St 91-90 in overtime
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Devin Gibson scored 22 points, Morris Smith IV added a double-double and UTSA ended Sam Houston State’s 11-game winning streak with a 91-90 overtime victory Saturday night.
Smith IV finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds and Terry Fields and Omar Johnson each had 19 points for the Roadrunners (16-9, 6-6 Southland).
A 5-0 run in the final 21 seconds of overtime, highlighted by a steal and two free throws by Johnson, gave UTSA a 91-87 lead with 4 seconds to play before Drae Murray hit a 3 for the Bobcats (19-6, 11-1)
Corey Allmond led six Sam Houston State players with 17 points. Lance Pevehouse added 16, Gilberto Clavell 14 and Ashton Mitchell 13.
After a free throw by Johnson in the final minute of regulation gave UTSA a 77-74 lead, Murray hit a 3 with 14 seconds remaining. The Roadrunners then missed three shots, sending the game into overtime.
- Does Vasquez's return help the Terps recruitment of Stephenson?
- University of Louisville president's resignation accepted
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges