Louisiana-Lafayette defeats Louisiana-Monroe 73-71
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Raymone Andrews hit two free throws with 1:27 remaining— his only points of the game—and Louisiana-Lafayette defeated Louisiana-Monroe 73-71 on Saturday night.
Tyren Johnson scored 26 points for the Ragin’ Cajuns (13-14, 10-6 Sun Belt Conference), who didn’t score from the field after Colby Batiste hit a jumper for a 70-64 lead with 4:58 remaining.
Louisiana-Monroe (11-17, 6-11) scored the next seven points to take a 71-70 lead on Dynile Forbes’ 3-pointer with 2:45 to play, but Batiste hit the first of two free throw attempts to tie the score at 71 with 2:15 left.
Louisiana-Lafayette swept the season series, winning 72-67 on Jan. 30.
Randell Daigle hit five 3-pointers and scored 19 points for the Ragin’ Cajuns, who shot 57.9 percent from the 3-point line (11-for-19).
Tommie Sykes scored 27 points and Forbes finished with 12 points.
- Louisiana-Lafayette defeats Louisiana-Monroe 73-71
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four