Baker leads Northwestern State past Lamar 82-79
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Devon Baker and Will Pratt scored 19 points each as Northwestern State defeated Lamar 82-79 on Saturday.
The victory was the third straight for the Demons (10-15, 5-7, Southland Conference), who have scored 82 points in each of them.
Justin Nabors scored 26 points, 21 in the first half, and grabbed 14 rebounds for the Cardinals (14-14, 5-7), whose last lead, 29-27, came 8:09 before halftime.
The Demons then went on an 18-4 run, including 10 points by Baker, to lead 45-33 with 1:22 left in the half.
Northwestern State led throughout the second half. Lamar got within three, 79-76, on Reggie Mathis’ 3-pointer with 23 seconds left, but Baker made one of two free throws with 19 seconds left and sank two at the 0:07 mark.
Damon Jones added 14 points and Pratt had a career-high 11 rebounds for the Demons.
Anthony Miles scored 16 points and Mathis 15 for Lamar.
- Northern Iowa holds on to win 14th straight, 52-50
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner