Mount St. Mary’s easily handles Bryant 74-45
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jeremy Goode scored 19 points and Shawn Atupem added 18 to lead Mount St. Mary’s to a 74-45 win over woeful Bryant University on Saturday night.
The Mountaineers (13-14, 10-6 Northeast Conference), who made 49.2 percent from the floor and hit 13 shots from 3-point range, have won eight games in a row.
Bryant’s loss comes after the Bulldogs snapped a 28-game losing streak in a 53-51 victory against Wagner on Thursday.
This game wasn’t close as Mount St. Mary’s jumped out to a 20-5 lead on Goode’s layup with 11:24 left in the first half. The Mountaineers went into halftime with a 42-25 advantage.
Mount St. Mary’s outrebounded Bryant 45-32.
Raphael Jordan scored 19 points for the Bulldogs (1-27, 1-15), who shot 34 percent from the field (18-for-53) and went 2 of 16 from beyond the arc (12.5 percent). Vlad Kondratyev finished with 10 points.
- Mount St. Mary's easily handles Bryant 74-45
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look