Manhattan defeats Towson 78-62
NEW YORK (AP)—Brandon Adams scored 18 points and Manhattan defeated Towson 78-62 on Saturday.
The Jaspers (10-17) scored the game’s first 20 points and weren’t threatened the rest of the way as Andrew Gabriel’s layup capped the opening spurt with 11:43 left in the first half.
The Tigers (7-20) pulled within 11 points, 29-18, on Isaiah Philmore’s layup with 3:13 to go in the first half, but wouldn’t get any closer.
Manhattan scored 44 points in the paint and scored 18 points off 15 turnovers. The Jaspers dished out 22 assists, compared to 10 turnovers.
Picket scored 17 points for the Jaspers and Gabriel and Darryl Crawford added 13 points each.
Adams shot 8 of 10 from the field and Manhattan hit 53 percent of its shots (35 of 66), including 20 of 33 in the second half (60.6 percent).
RaShawn Polk scored 16 points and Philmore finished with 11 for Towson.
- Avatar representations of the Final Four: Memphis Tigers
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- No. 5 Xavier having best season with lot of room yet to grow
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65