Hofstra defeats Rider 92-89 in overtime
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 31 points and Hofstra defeated Rider 92-89 in overtime on Saturday.
The Pride (16-13) were 4 of 5 from the field and 9 of 10 from the free throw line in overtime, and won for the seventh time in their last eight games.
Hofstra led 75-71 with 1:04 to go in regulation, before two free throws by Rider’s Ryan Thompson and a steal by Novar Gadson. Gadson then sent the game into overtime at 75-75 on a layup with 43 seconds left.
Gadson tied it for the 10th and final time on another layup with 3:39 left in overtime, before Hofstra’s Nathaniel Lester scored four straight.
Lester finished with 14 points, Greg Washington added 12 points and 11 rebounds, Chaz Williams had 12 points and Halil Kanacevic 10 for Hofstra.
Thompson scored 38 points and Gadson finished with 16 for the Broncs (15-13).
- Hofstra defeats Rider 92-89 in overtime
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown