Coastal Carolina beats Charleston Southern 47-37
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Kierre Greenwood and Danny Nieman each scored 11 points, and Coastal Carolina beat Charleston Southern 47-37 to tie a school record for wins.
Joseph Harris grabbed 19 rebounds for the Chanticleers (24-5, 13-3 Big South Conference). It was the fewest points allowed in a game by the Chanticleers since a 49-32 win over Virginia Military Institute on Jan. 26, 2004.
Both teams shot poorly, with Coastal hitting 36.7 percent from the field (18-for-49) and the Buccaneers 26.3 percent (15-for-57).
Coastal led by 10 in the first half, but the Buccaneers cut the lead to 24-23 on a 3-pointer by Jamarco Warren with 16:01 to play. Coastal scored the next six points and led by at least four points the rest of the way. Leading 41-37 with 2:44 to play, Coastal closed the game on a 6-0 run.
Kelvin Martin had 14 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Buccaneers (12-15, 6-10).
- Coastal Carolina beats Charleston Southern 47-37
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown