Arkansas-Pine Bluff beats Prairie View 57-55 in OT
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Lebaron Weathers hit a jumper as time expired in overtime to give Arkansas-Pine Bluff a 57-55 victory against Prairie View A&M on Saturday night.
Weathers, who had 21 points for the Golden Lions (11-14, 11-3), gave his team a 55-52 lead on a 3-point shot with 50 seconds remaining, but that was quickly matched by Prairie View A&M’s Christopher Jones. Following a timeout, Arkansas-Pine Bluff held the ball for 33 seconds before Weathers beat the buzzer.
Jones scored 12 points for the Panthers (13-11, 8-5), and Tim Meadows and Dorian McDaniel added 11 apiece.
Weathers had 13 rebounds.
Terrance Calvin and Allen Smith had nine points each for the Golden Lions, who gained notoriety for playing their first 14 games of this season away from home. After an 0-11 start, they have won 11 of 14, including five in a row.
- Mark Titus enters NBA draft, is kindly asked to leave
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul