Army beats rival Navy 69-50
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP)—Cleveland Richard scored 15 points and Chris Walker added a season-high 14, leading Army past rival Navy 69-50 on Saturday.
It was Richard’s career-best seventh straight game in double figures for the Black Knights (14-12, 4-8 Patriot League) while Walker also grabbed a team-high seven rebounds.
Marcus Nelson recorded one blocked shot to tie the Army career record of 74 held by Jimmy Sewell (2003-07). Walker blocked three shots and stands fifth all-time with 52.
The win snapped the Black Knights’ three-game losing streak.
O.J. Avworo and Jordan Sugars scored 13 points each for the Midshipmen (13-14, 7-5).
It was Navy’s lowest scoring output of the season and just the third time this year they did not score at least 60 points. Army, the league’s top-ranked scoring defense, improved to 13-2 this season when keeping opponents to less than 60 points.
- Mercer misses NCAAs after A-Sun disappointment
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue