SIU-Edwardsville defeats North Dakota 91-76
GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP)—Mark Yelovich had a career-high 34 points and four SIU-Edwardsville teammates scored in double figures as the Cougars beat North Dakota 91-76 on Thursday night.
Yelovich was 11 of 14 from the floor and made six of SIU-Edwardsville’s 13 3-pointers.
Cody Rincker, Aamir McCleary and Denykco Bowles had 11 points apiece for the Cougars (4-21). Kevin Stineman added 10. McCleary, returning after missing three games with a hip injury, had seven assists.
Travis Bledsoe scored 28 points and hit five 3-pointers for North Dakota (6-18), and Patrick Mitchell and Chris Clausen added 10 points each.
The schools split two meetings this season.
- SIU-Edwardsville defeats North Dakota 91-76
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four