Troy defeats Middle Tennessee 66-62
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Richard Delk scored 15 points and Troy defeated Middle Tennessee 66-62 on Thursday night to send the Trojans into a tie for first in the Sun Belt East division.
The Trojans (15-11, 10-5) scored 12 points off 15 turnovers and scored 34 points in the paint.
Michael Vogler scored 11 points and Antywan Jones and Bernard Toombs chipped in 10 apiece for Troy.
The Trojans, second in the Sun Belt shooting 48.2 percent, made 44 percent of their field goal attempts (22 of 50).
Troy led 29-28 at halftime, and shot 52.4 percent from the field in the second half (11 of 21).
Calvin O’Neil led four players in double figures for Middle Tennessee (16-12, 10-5) with 18 points. James Washington added 15 points and Desmond Yates and Montarrio Haddock added 10 each. Trevor Ottley chipped in 12 rebounds for the Blue Raiders, who snapped a three-game winning streak.
- Did Marquette put winning before ethics by cutting D.J. Newbill?
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality