Sacred Heart 39, Robert Morris 64
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Rob Robinson scored 18 points on 8 of 8 shooting and Robert Morris defeated Sacred Heart 64-39 on Thursday night.
The Colonials (19-9, 14-1 Northeast Conference) scored 20 points off 16 turnovers and held the Pioneers to 29.5 percent shooting (13 of 44). Sacred Heart (13-13, 5-9) was just 5 of 21 (23.8 percent) in the first half and finished 11.8 percent from 3-point range (2 of 17).
Robert Morris jumped out to an 18-3 lead on Mezie Nwigwe’s jumper with 9:05 left in the first half and built a 30-15 advantage at halftime.
The Colonials shot 52 percent (13 of 25) in the second half and stretched their lead to 62-36 on Nwigwe’s 3 with 4:10 left.
Karon Abraham added 17 points and Josiah Whitehead had 10 for Robert Morris, which outrebounded Sacred Heart 41-29.
Corey Hassan, the Pioneers’ leading scorer with 20.2 points per game, finished with 12.
- Bob Huggins attends fundraiser dressed like Ricky Hatton
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team