Sacred Heart 39, Robert Morris 64
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Rob Robinson scored 18 points on 8 of 8 shooting and Robert Morris defeated Sacred Heart 64-39 on Thursday night.
The Colonials (19-9, 14-1 Northeast Conference) scored 20 points off 16 turnovers and held the Pioneers to 29.5 percent shooting (13 of 44). Sacred Heart (13-13, 5-9) was just 5 of 21 (23.8 percent) in the first half and finished 11.8 percent from 3-point range (2 of 17).
Robert Morris jumped out to an 18-3 lead on Mezie Nwigwe’s jumper with 9:05 left in the first half and built a 30-15 advantage at halftime.
The Colonials shot 52 percent (13 of 25) in the second half and stretched their lead to 62-36 on Nwigwe’s 3 with 4:10 left.
Karon Abraham added 17 points and Josiah Whitehead had 10 for Robert Morris, which outrebounded Sacred Heart 41-29.
Corey Hassan, the Pioneers’ leading scorer with 20.2 points per game, finished with 12.
- Sacred Heart 39, Robert Morris 64
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy