Northern Colorado edges Eastern Washington, 58-54
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Chris Kaba sank a 3-pointer with 23 seconds left and Will Figures scored 23 points as Northern Colorado edged Eastern Washington 58-54 Thursday night.
Kaba, who was subbing for the Bears’ injured second-leading scorer, Devon Beitzel, had 14 points and made all three of his 3-pointers in the second half. Mike Proctor added 11 points for Northern Colorado (21-6, 10-4 Big Sky).
Beitzel broke his left ankle in the team’s last game. Northern Colorado avoided its first two-game losing streak of the year.
Jeffrey Forbes led Eastern Washington (8-19, 4-9) with 15 points. The Eagles had 17 turnovers and were denied a season-high three-game winning streak.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue