The Citadel defeats Western Carolina 73-56
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Cosmo Morabbi scored 16 points to lead The Citadel to a 73-56 victory over Western Carolina on Thursday night, extending the Bulldogs’ winning streak to five games.
Morabbi was 5-for-5 from the 3-point line and Zach Urbanus added 14 points for The Citadel (15-12, 9-6 Southern Conference), which shot 58.8 percent from beyond the arc (10-for-17).
Western Carolina (19-9, 9-7), which shot 33.9 percent from the field (19-for-56), has lost four of its past five games.
The Bulldogs trailed 40-39 before going on a 12-1 run capped by Morabbi’s 3-pointer with 11:38 to play. Morabbi hit another 3-pointer for a 56-43 lead with 9:29 left.
Cameron Wells added 13 points and Harrison DuPont had 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs, who also shot 76.5 percent from the free throw line (13-for-17).
Brigham Waginger led Western Carolina with 12 points.
- Please return Rodrick Stewart's knee to the lost and found
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims