Xavier beats Saint Joseph’s 88-52
CINCINNATI (AP)—Jason Love had his seventh double-double Wednesday night with 15 points and 12 rebounds, helping Xavier dominate upfront in an 88-52 victory over Saint Joseph’s that kept the Musketeers in a pack of three teams atop the Atlantic 10.
Xavier (18-7, 9-2) won its 30th consecutive A10 home game, the second-longest streak in league history. The Musketeers have won their last 22 overall at home, tied for the third-longest active streak in Division I. The three-time defending regular-season champs are a half-game behind No. 25 Richmond (10-2) and tied with No. 21 Temple (9-2) in first place.
Jamel McLean added 14 points and nine rebounds. Xavier dominated the boards 53-17 against the conference’s worst rebounding team. Garrett Williamson led Saint Joseph’s (9-17, 3-9) with 17 points.
- Quickish reaction: Butler returns to the national title game
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- Williams-Goss leads No. 8 Gonzaga over Washington 98-71