Wright State knocks off Detroit 70-53
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Todd Brown scored 17 points to lead five Wright State players in double figures as the Raiders defeated Detroit 70-53 on Wednesday night.
N’Gai Evans added 16 points and Wright State (18-9, 11-5 Horizon League) outscored Detroit 37-19 in the second half for its third consecutive victory.
The Raiders opened the second half on a 13-3 run to take a 46-37 lead on Vaughn Duggins’ 3-pointer with 14:28 to play. Duggins’ layup gave Wright State a 52-39 lead with 8:58 left and Brown’s 3-pointer pushed the advantage to 55-41 with 8:13 remaining.
Wright State had 16 assists and only five turnovers. Detroit (15-13, 7-9) shot 48.1 percent from the line (13-for-27).
Duggins, who had six assists, Cory Cooperwood and Ronnie Thomas scored 10 points each for the Raiders.
Chase Simon had 13 and Xavier Keeling added 11 for Detroit, which has lost five of its past six games.
- Wright State knocks off Detroit 70-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0