Singleton helps Florida State beat Virginia 69-50
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP)—Chris Singleton scored 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Florida State to a 69-50 victory over Virginia on Wednesday night.
Luke Louks had 11 points and Xavier Gibson added 10 for the Seminoles (19-7, 7-5 Atlantic Coast Conference), who held Virginia to its second-lowest scoring output of the season.
The Cavaliers’ 50 points are the fewest they have scored since moving into John Paul Jones Arena in 2006.
Solomon Alabi, who came in averaging 12.5 points per game, scored eight points for Florida State. The Seminoles’ leading scorer this season left the game at the 18:46 mark with an arm injury, but returned to score six first-half points.
The Seminoles shot 50 percent from the floor compared to Virginia (14-10, 5-6), which shot 38 percent.
Florida State led by nine points at halftime, but went on an 11-2 run to start the second half.
- Holy Cross beats Colgate in Patriot League tourney
- Fox leads No. 5 Kentucky over Mississippi State 88-81
- UCLA to celebrate day honoring Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- No. 21 Purdue dominates Illinois 91-68
- Williams scores career-best 38; UCF beats South Florida
- Austin Peay's Loos returning from his leave of absence