Utah State gets past Louisiana Tech 67-61
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Tai Wesley scored 16 points and Pooh Williams 15, all in the second half, to push Utah State past Louisiana Tech 67-61 Wednesday night.
Jared Quayle added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Aggies (21-6, 11-2 Western Athletic Conference), and Nate Bendall had 11 points, including a critical putback after a missed free throw with 30 seconds remaining.
Magnum Rolle led the Bulldogs (20-6, 8-4) with 15 points and seven rebounds. DeAndre Brown and Kyle Gibson each added 14 points.
There were six lead changes and three ties in the second half after Louisiana Tech took its first advantage, 37-36 with 16:10 to play. The Bulldogs led by as many as three before Williams scored nine consecutive points for Utah State to give the Aggies a 54-52 lead with 4:09 to play.
Bendall had a dunk, a putback and a free throw in the final 90 seconds to seal the win.
- Bob Huggins attends fundraiser dressed like Ricky Hatton
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team