Utah State gets past Louisiana Tech 67-61
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Tai Wesley scored 16 points and Pooh Williams 15, all in the second half, to push Utah State past Louisiana Tech 67-61 Wednesday night.
Jared Quayle added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Aggies (21-6, 11-2 Western Athletic Conference), and Nate Bendall had 11 points, including a critical putback after a missed free throw with 30 seconds remaining.
Magnum Rolle led the Bulldogs (20-6, 8-4) with 15 points and seven rebounds. DeAndre Brown and Kyle Gibson each added 14 points.
There were six lead changes and three ties in the second half after Louisiana Tech took its first advantage, 37-36 with 16:10 to play. The Bulldogs led by as many as three before Williams scored nine consecutive points for Utah State to give the Aggies a 54-52 lead with 4:09 to play.
Bendall had a dunk, a putback and a free throw in the final 90 seconds to seal the win.
- Utah State gets past Louisiana Tech 67-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four