Morehead State defeats Eastern Kentucky 77-64
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Maze Stallworth scored 20 points and Morehead State beat Eastern Kentucky 77-64 on Wednesday night.
The Eagles (19-8, 13-3 Ohio Valley Conference) shot 56.3 percent (18 of 32) in the first half and led 45-25 at halftime.
Kenneth Faried, who finished with 15 points and 16 rebounds, had five points and five boards in the first 2 minutes, sparking Morehead State to a 9-2 lead.
After the Colonels (18-10, 10-6) pulled within 11-8 on Josh Taylor’s dunk, Morehead State answered with 10 straight points to go ahead 21-8 with 10:21 left in the first half.
Steve Peterson added 15 points and Demonte Harper 11 for the Eagles.
Eastern Kentucky shot 37 percent from the field (21 of 57), and had two of its top three scorers, Justin Stommes (14.7 points per game) and Papa Oppong (11.3), combine for four points.
Josh Taylor paced Eastern Kentucky with 21 points.
- Morehead State defeats Eastern Kentucky 77-64
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy