Northwestern State defeats McNeese State 82-72
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—Damon Jones scored 20 points and Will Pratt added 19 to help Northwestern State defeat McNeese State 82-72 on Wednesday night.
The Demons (9-15, 4-7 Southland Conference) shot 60 percent after halftime (12 of 20) as they pulled away late in the second half.
Northwestern State trailed 56-55 with 10:07 left and went on a 10-2 run, capped by Pratt’s free throw with 7:45 to go.
The Demons pushed their lead as many as 16, 77-61, on Pratt’s free throws with 1:46 remaining.
Damon Barker added 18 points and William Mosley had 15 rebounds for Northwestern State.
The Demons, who opened up a 23-8 lead on James Hulbin’s jumper with 13:07 left in the first half, won back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Diego Kapelan had 26 points and Stephan Martin added 10 for the Cowboys (8-17, 3-8), who lost their third straight.
- Northwestern State defeats McNeese State 82-72
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game