Kent State beats Ohio 74-67
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Chris Singletary and Justin Greene each recorded double-doubles, leading Kent State to a 74-67 win over Ohio on Wednesday night.
Singletary scored 17 points and grabbed 10 boards while Greene had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Golden Flashes (19-8, 10-3 Mid-American Conference), who remain tied with Akron for first place in the conference. The win puts Kent State one game closer to a possible showdown for the MAC crown in the season final at Akron on March 5.
The Golden Flashes trailed the Bobcats as late as 7:31 remaining when Armon Bassett’s free throws put Ohio up 59-54. But Anthony Simpson’s dunk and Mike McKee’s 3-pointer sparked a 14-2 Golden Flashes run and they never trailed again.
Simpson also finished with 15 points and Rodriguez Sherman added 11 for Kent State.
D.J. Cooper had 23 points and 10 rebounds to lead Ohio (14-13, 5-8).
- Which leagues typically produce the fewest NBA players?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims