Kent State beats Ohio 74-67
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Chris Singletary and Justin Greene each recorded double-doubles, leading Kent State to a 74-67 win over Ohio on Wednesday night.
Singletary scored 17 points and grabbed 10 boards while Greene had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Golden Flashes (19-8, 10-3 Mid-American Conference), who remain tied with Akron for first place in the conference. The win puts Kent State one game closer to a possible showdown for the MAC crown in the season final at Akron on March 5.
The Golden Flashes trailed the Bobcats as late as 7:31 remaining when Armon Bassett’s free throws put Ohio up 59-54. But Anthony Simpson’s dunk and Mike McKee’s 3-pointer sparked a 14-2 Golden Flashes run and they never trailed again.
Simpson also finished with 15 points and Rodriguez Sherman added 11 for Kent State.
D.J. Cooper had 23 points and 10 rebounds to lead Ohio (14-13, 5-8).
- Kent State beats Ohio 74-67
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four