Boston U dominates Binghamton 93-51
BOSTON (AP)—Carlos Strong scored 23 points and John Holland added 20 to lead Boston University to a 93-51 rout over Binghamton on Wednesday night.
Tyler Morris finished with 18 points and a game-high five assists for the Terriers (15-12, 10-5 America East Conference). Jake O’Brien had a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds—six offensive.
Boston U, which never trailed, jumped out to a 12-2 lead on a 3-pointer by O’Brien. The Bearcats (11-17, 6-7) cut the Terriers’ margin to three points on Kyrie Sutton’s layup with 9:38 left in the first half.
But Binghamton, which has lost four in a row, would not pull any closer the rest of the game as Boston U went on to build a 19-point halftime lead. The Terriers scored the first nine points of the second half to take a 53-25 advantage.
Boston U took its largest lead of the game at 43 on Corey Lowe’s 3-pointer with 1:47 to play.
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons