Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Cleveland State 74-57
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Randy Berry had 19 points and 11 rebounds Tuesday night to lift Wisconsin-Green Bay past Cleveland State 74-57.
The Phoenix (18-10, 10-6) trailed 32-26 at the break. Six minutes into the second half, Wisconsin-Green Bay was ahead 41-39 and then went on a 22-2 run over the next seven minutes to put the game away.
The big second-half showing—the Phoenix shot 67 percent from the field (18-for-27)—lifted Green Bay into third place in the Horizon League, a half-game ahead of Cleveland State (13-14, 9-6). The Phoenix finished at 53 percent shooting for the night while the Vikings made just 33 percent in the second half and finished at 41 percent.
Rahmon Fletcher scored 17 points and Bryquis Perine had 14 points and eight rebounds for Green Bay.
Jeremy Montgomery and Aaron Pogue had 12 points each for the Vikings. Trevon Harmon added 10.
- Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Cleveland State 74-57
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster