VMI outlasts High Point 91-84
LEXINGTON, Va. (AP)—Austin Kenon scored a career-high 38 points, including six 3-pointers, as Virginia Military Institute defeated High Point 91-84 on Tuesday night.
Kenon finished 9-for-18 from the floor and went 14-for-15 from the foul line for the Keydets (10-16, 5-11 Big South Conference), who shot 73.7 percent from the stripe (28-for-38). The Panthers posted a 57.9 mark from the line (11-for-19).
Kenon, a 1,000-point scorer in his career at VMI, will enter the notoriously high-scoring school’s top 20 for career points with his next basket.
Up 87-82 with 25 seconds left, Kenon drained four free throws to ice it for VMI.
Nick Barbour scored 21 points for the Panthers (13-13, 8-7). Cruz Daniels scored 18 points and had 12 rebounds and freshman Corey Law had 13 points and 13 rebounds—the first time the Panthers had two players with double-doubles in the same game this season.
- VMI outlasts High Point 91-84
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four