San Diego State beats TCU 68-51
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Kahwi Leonard scored 18 points and San Diego State defeated TCU 68-51 Tuesday night.
The Aztecs (19-7, 8-4 Mountain West) shot 61 percent from the field in the game, and scored 48 of their points in the paint plus 11 free throws in 18 attempts. They only made one 3-pointer, by Leonard, in 10 team attempts.
After the Horned Frogs (12-15, 4-8) led 6-4 on a Ronnie Moss jumper, San Diego State reeled off the next 13 points, led 29-19 at the break and kept a double-digit lead for nearly the entire second half. The final score matched the Aztecs’ biggest lead of the night.
Billy White had 17 points and nine rebounds for San Diego State. Moss led TCU with 15 points and Zvonko Buljan added 12. The Horned Frogs shot 40 percent from the field.
- San Diego State beats TCU 68-51
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0