Michigan escapes Iowa in overtime 80-78
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP)—DeShawn Sims scored 27 points and Michigan came from behind in the final seconds of regulation and again in overtime to beat Iowa 80-78 on Tuesday night.
Manny Harris added 20 points for Michigan (13-12, 6-7 Big Ten), which trailed by five with less than 20 seconds left in regulation and was down three in overtime before hitting two big shots.
Stu Douglass made a 3-pointer to tie it at 72 and Sims canned a long fadeaway from the left side for a 74-72 lead. Michigan’s Laval Lucas-Perry followed with two free throws to make it 76-72 and the Wolverines held on.
In regulation, Sims hit a 3 from the top of the key with 6.1 seconds left to tie it.
Aaron Fuller led Iowa (9-18, 3-11) with career highs of 30 points and 13 rebounds. Matt Gatens scored 21 and Culley Payne 13.
- Breakfast buffet: Demetrius Walker reacts to 'Play Their Hearts Out'
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout