Carter lifts Indiana State to 75-69 OT victory
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—Aaron Carter hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 40 seconds left in overtime Tuesday, then added a pair of free throws with 10 seconds remaining to send Indiana State to a 75-69 victory over Bradley.
Carter, who finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds, also hit a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left in regulation to put the Sycamores (6-11, 8-8 Missouri Valley) on top 61-59, only to see Bradley’s Sam Maniscalco score on a layup with 5 seconds remaining to send the game to overtime.
Carl Richard added 13 points for Indiana State, including five in the OT period. Rashad Reed had 12 and Josh Crawford 11.
Maniscalco led Bradley (13-13, 8-8) with 15 points. Taylor Brown and Dyricus Simms-Edwards added 14 each, and Andrew Warren had 13.
Indiana State, which lost to Bradley 91-85 in overtime on Jan. 6, used a 20-2 run in the first half to lead 31-21 at the break.
- Carter lifts Indiana State to 75-69 OT victory
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four