Georgia State edges James Madison 77-72
ATLANTA (AP)—Joe Dukes scored 25 points to lead Georgia State to a 77-72 victory over James Madison on Tuesday night.
Trey Hampton added 19 points as the Panthers (11-17, 5-11 Colonial Athletic Association) won for the second time in eight games.
Georgia State took the lead for good on Hampton’s layup with 3:30 to play, but the Panthers never led by more than five points, with James Madison cutting the deficit to 74-72 on Denzel Bowles’ two free throws with 31 seconds to play.
Dukes hit two free throws and James Vincent hit one to seal it.
The game featured 16 ties and neither team led by more than six.
Dukes and Hampton helped offset Bowles, who scored 34 points and had nine rebounds. He went 12-for-19 from the field and 10-for-13 from the line.
Jihad Ali scored 13 and Ousman Krubally added 11 for Georgia State.
Julius Wells scored 18 for James Madison (11-16, 4-12).
- Finally, an answer to 'Whatever happened to Kevin Pittsnogle?'
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72