Hofstra knocks off Delaware 82-69
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 30 points and had seven rebounds to lead Hofstra to an 82-69 victory over Delaware on Tuesday night.
Jenkins and teammate Cornelius Vines, who scored 18 points, each hit five 3-pointers as the Pride (15-13, 8-8 Colonial Athletic Association) shot 45.8 percent from beyond the arc (11-for-24).
Hofstra took the lead midway through the first half and extended it to 31-18 on two free throws by Jenkins with 3:58 left. It was the Pride’s largest advantage until Jenkins hit a 3-pointer for another 13-point lead, this one at 80-67, with 3:35 to play.
Jawan Carter, the CAA’s second leading scorer at 18.3 points a game, led Delaware (7-20, 3-13) with 18 points and nine assists. He’s led the Blue Hens in scoring for eight consecutive games.
Alphonso Dawson had 16 points and Adam Pegg and Hakim McCullar added 10 points each for Delaware.
- Hofstra knocks off Delaware 82-69
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look