Jordan’s 18, UCF lifts Knights past Houston 68-65
ORLANDO (AP)—Marcus Jordan scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds and Central Florida’s late stout defense lifted the Knights to a 68-65 win over Houston on Tuesday night.
UCF (13-12, 5-6 Conference USA) held Houston without a field goal over the final 3:29 of the game.
Adam Brown missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the Cougars that would have tied the game. But his miss was able to let the Knights beat Houston (13-12, 5-6) for the second time this season.
With Houston trailing 68-65, Aubrey Coleman missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 8.7 seconds remaining. UCF rebounded and the Cougars were forced to foul.
UCF’s Keith Clanton missed a 1-and-1 and Houston rebounded. The Knights fouled Kelvin Lewis, who missed two consecutive free throws, but the ball went out of bounds off a UCF player with nine-tenths of a second remaining, giving Houston a final chance to tie.
- Jordan's 18, UCF lifts Knights past Houston 68-65
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself