Prairie View A&M defeats Grambling State 74-58
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Tim Meadows had 19 points and 15 rebounds Monday night to lead Prairie View A&M to a 74-58 victory over Grambling State.
Christopher Jones and Brandon Webb had 15 points each for the Panthers (13-10, 8-4 SWAC). Prairie View led 36-29 at halftime and held a double-digit lead for most of the second half.
Lance Fuertado scored 19 points to lead the Tigers (6-15, 4-9). Ariece Perkins added 12, all in the second half, for Grambling State.
Prairie View was 29-of-38 (76 percent) from the free-throw line and outrebounded the Tigers 48-26.
Grambling State led 20-14 midway through the first half but the Panthers scored nine straight points to take the lead for good.
- Prairie View A&M defeats Grambling State 74-58
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0