New Mexico State rolls past Hawaii 88-64
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP)—Three New Mexico State players scored 18 points each and the Aggies defeated Hawaii 88-64 Monday night.
Guards Jahmar Young and Jonathan Gibson and forward Troy Gillenwater shared the scoring honors for New Mexico State (16-9, 9-3 Western Athletic).
The Aggies’ biggest lead was 29 points, just past the midway point of the second half. They shot 11 of 27 (40.7 percent) from 3-point range and scored 28 points off 18 Hawaii turnovers.
Leading 42-27 at halftime, the Aggies outscored Hawaii 9-0 to open the second half.
Hawaii (9-16, 2-10) lost its seventh consecutive game. Guard Roderick Flemings led the Rainbow Warriors with 25 points on 8-of-21 shooting and 11 rebounds.
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself