Arkansas-Pine Bluff beats Alcorn State 59-45
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Lebaron Weathers scored 12 points to lead Arkansas-Pine Bluff to a 59-45 win over Alcorn State on Monday night.
Tavaris Washington added 11 points for the Golden Lions (10-14, 10-3), who have won four games in a row.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff led 25-21 at halftime, but used an 11-3 run to open the second half and jumped out to a 36-24 lead after two free throws from Allen Smith with 14:11 remaining.
The Braves would get no closer than within eight points the rest of the way, and a free throw from Dominic Moore gave the Golden Lions a 58-38 lead with 1:33 left for their largest lead of the game.
Ian Francis scored 14 points to lead Alcorn State (1-25, 1-12).
The Golden Lions outrebounded the Braves 38-25, and scored 17 points off of Alcorn State’s 13 turnovers.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff’s bench outscored Alcorn State’s 45-21.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff beats Alcorn State 59-45
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four