Duquesne defeats La Salle 103-82
PITTSBURGH (AP)—Bill Clark scored a career-high 34 points, and reached 1,000 for his career, in Duquesne’s 103-82 win over La Salle on Sunday.
The Dukes (13-12, 4-7 Atlantic 10 Conference) scored 37 points off 28 turnovers, including four by the Explorers during a key run.
La Salle led 58-56 with 17:02 left in the first half, before three turnovers by Jerrell Williams and one by Parrish Grant helped lead to a 9-0 Duquesne run.
Damian Saunders’ dunk put the Dukes up for good, 65-58 with 14:42 left.
Melquan Bolding scored 24 points and Saunders added 13 points and 14 rebounds and five blocks for Duquesne, which shot 55.9 percent from the field in the second half (19 of 43).
Rodney Green scored 27 points and Aaric Murray and Weingarten added 13 each for the Explorers (11-13, 3-7).
La Salle, which led by as much as 43-31 with 6:34 left in the first half, lost its fourth straight.
- Duquesne defeats La Salle 103-82
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise