Robert Morris 52, Bryant 42
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Rob Robinson scored 12 points and Robert Morris pulled away late to defeat Bryant 52-42 on Saturday.
The Colonials (18-9, 13-1 Northeast Conference) outscored Bryant 17-3 in the final 10:12 to win their 11th consecutive conference game.
Bryant led 39-35, but Robert Morris went on a 9-0 run for a 44-39 lead, capped by Robinson’s free throw with 3:04 remaining. Bryant’s Adam Parzych hit a 3-pointer with 2:31 to play, but the Colonials closed the game on an 8-0 run to go 2-1 on a three-game road trip.
The Bulldogs (0-26, 0-14) took an 18-12 lead on Parzych’s 3-pointer with 8:27 left in the first half, but the Colonials tied the score at 18 on Russell Johnson’s dunk with 6:52 left.
Robert Morris shot 34.8 percent from the field (16-for-46) and hit only 1 3-pointer in 11 attempts. The Colonials outrebounded Bryant 37-27.
Vlad Kondratyev scored 15 points for Bryant.
- Robert Morris 52, Bryant 42
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game