North Dakota turns back Chicago State 74-60
GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP)—Patrick Mitchell and Travis Bledsoe each sank four 3-pointers Saturday to lead North Dakota to a 74-60 victory over Chicago State.
Mitchell tied his career high with 17 points and Bledsoe had 16 for the Fighting Sioux (6-17, 3-3 Great West Conference). Travis Mertens added 10.
Christian Wall scored 17 points for the Cougars (7-20, 2-7), who remained winless on the road in 16 tries. Reigning conference player of the week Carl Montgomery added 15 points, and Jonathan Montgomery hit four 3-pointers for 12 points.
North Dakota shot 50.0 percent (23 of 46) from the field and 46.7 percent (a season-high 14 of 30) on 3-pointers.
Chicago State cut its 38-31 halftime deficit to 41-38 on Jonathan Montgomery’s 3-pointer with 17:21 left. However, Bledsoe drilled two 3-pointers in a 21-7 run that put North Dakota up 62-45 with 8:36 left.
- North Dakota turns back Chicago State 74-60
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set