Liberty defeats Gardner-Webb 69-61
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Jeremy Anderson and Evan Gordon scored 17 points each to lead Liberty to a 69-61 victory over Gardner-Webb on Saturday night.
Anderson hit four 3-pointers and the Flames (13-13, 8-6 Big South Conference) used a 13-0 run in the second half to win for the second time in three games.
Liberty trailed 56-50 before scoring 13 consecutive points for a 63-56 lead with 2:37 to play. Kyle Ohman started the streak with two free throws, which were followed by Antwan Burrus’ jumper and a 3-pointer from Chris Perez for a 57-56 lead. Gordon made two free throws and a layup and Burrus had three free throws for a seven-point margin.
Ohman finished with 12 and Burrus had 11 points. Jesse Sanders had 10 rebounds and 10 assists for Liberty.
Anton Silver scored 17 points, Grayson Flittner had 11 and Auryn MacMillan added 10 points for Gardner-Webb (7-18, 4-11).
- Boston College-North Carolina Preview
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan