Wright State beats Wisconsin-Green Bay 67-54
CLEVELAND (AP)—Vaughn Duggins scored 20 points and Wright State defeated Wisconsin-Green Bay 67-54 on Saturday night.
N’Gai Evans added 18 points and Todd Brown had 17 for the Raiders (17-9, 10-5 Horizon League), who have won six of their past seven games and improved to 11-1 at home.
Leading 28-27 at halftime, the Raiders broke open the game with a 12-3 run in the second half. A 3-pointer by Brown capped the run to give the Raiders a 45-35 lead with 13:35 remaining. the Phoenix would get no closer than five points the rest of the way.
Hot shooting in the second half—the Raiders made 15 of 24 (62.5 percent)— kept the Phoenix at bay. The Raiders made 27 of 53 field goal attempts for the game (50.9 percent).
Rahmon Fletcher scored 14 points and Bryquis Perine added 11 for the Phoenix (17-9, 9-6), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
- Wright State beats Wisconsin-Green Bay 67-54
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0