Utah Valley St. 61, Texas-Pan American 74
EDINBURG, Texas (AP)—Aaron Urbanus scored 19 points to lead four Texas-Pan American players in double digits as the Broncos beat Utah Valley 74-61 on Saturday night.
Most of Urbanus’ scoring came from beyond the arc, where he went 5-for-6. He also made all four of his tries from the free-throw line.
Luis Valera finished with 16 points and seven rebounds for the Broncos (4-23, 3-5 Great West) while Manny Hendrix added 15 points and Jared Maree put in 14.
The Broncos pulled out early, leading at halftime 37-28. They were up by as many as 17 points late in the second period.
The Wolverines (11-13, 4-4) shot just less than 40 percent from the field. Jordan Swarbrick led the team in scoring with 16 points.
- Utah Valley St. 61, Texas-Pan American 74
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament