Troy slips past Florida International 81-78
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Michael Vogler scored 19 points and Troy rallied to beat Florida International 81-78 on Saturday night.
Four other players scored in double figures for the Trojans (14-11, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference). Brandon Hazzard added 18 points, Richard Delk had 13 and Antywan Jones finished with 10. Yamene Coleman also scored 10 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
Troy led by 10 points in the first half and held a 48-40 advantage before the Panthers went on a 17-6 run to grab a 57-54 lead after a layup by Marvin Roberts with 12:22 to play.
The lead changed hands three more times as neither team led by more than four points the rest of the way.
Two free throws by Hazzard gave Troy the lead for good at 76-75 with 3:47 remaining.
Marvin Roberts scored 27 points, Phil Gary added 12, Weaver had 11 and JC Otero 10 for the Panthers (7-21, 4-11).
- Troy slips past Florida International 81-78
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four