Troy slips past Florida International 81-78
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Michael Vogler scored 19 points and Troy rallied to beat Florida International 81-78 on Saturday night.
Four other players scored in double figures for the Trojans (14-11, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference). Brandon Hazzard added 18 points, Richard Delk had 13 and Antywan Jones finished with 10. Yamene Coleman also scored 10 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
Troy led by 10 points in the first half and held a 48-40 advantage before the Panthers went on a 17-6 run to grab a 57-54 lead after a layup by Marvin Roberts with 12:22 to play.
The lead changed hands three more times as neither team led by more than four points the rest of the way.
Two free throws by Hazzard gave Troy the lead for good at 76-75 with 3:47 remaining.
Marvin Roberts scored 27 points, Phil Gary added 12, Weaver had 11 and JC Otero 10 for the Panthers (7-21, 4-11).
- Troy slips past Florida International 81-78
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy