Texas A&M defeats Texas Tech 67-65
LUBBOCK, Texas (AP)—B.J. Holmes scored 18 points to lead Texas A&M past Texas Tech 67-65 on Saturday.
The Red Raiders were up 51-47 midway through the second half before the Aggies (18-6, 7-3 Big 12) used a 10-2 run to go up 61-55. Holmes, who was 4 of 7 from 3-point range, hit from behind the arc to cap the spurt.
Texas Tech (16-8, 4-6) pulled within 63-60 on two free throws by David Tairu with 30.5 seconds remaining, but four free throws by Donald Sloan and Brian Davis kept A&M out front.
Davis added 13 points and 16 rebounds for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
John Roberson scored 22 points to lead Texas Tech, but he was held to six points in the second half.
- Miss You, Hasheem Thabeet: You had really long arms
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60