Stony Brook defeats Binghamton 81-61
STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP)—Muhammad El-Amin scored 31 points and Stony Brook defeated Binghamton 81-61 on Saturday night, its seventh straight win.
The Seawolves (18-7, 10-2 America East Conference) shot 50.9 percent from the field (27 of 53) and scored 15 points off 14 turnovers.
El-Amin scored 19 and Marcus Rouse had all 10 of his points before halftime for a 47-33 lead.
The Bearcats (11-16, 6-6) pulled within 56-46 with 15:07 left, but the Seawolves took their biggest lead thanks to a 16-1 run. Danny Crater’s tip-in put Stony Brook ahead 72-47 with 8:25 remaining.
Tommy Brenton added 11 points and 14 rebounds for Stony Brook. The Seawolves shot 55.2 percent (16 of 29) and were 4 of 8 from 3-point range in the first half.
Greer Wright scored 28 points and Moussa Camara 18 for Binghamton, which lost its third straight.
The Bearcats shot 29.6 percent in the first half (8 of 27).
- Extra Onions: I want Bill Raftery to give me a nickname, too
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64