Utah State wins 10th in a row, 81-65
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)—Nate Bendall led five Utah State players in double figures with 18 points and the Aggies extended their winning streak to 10 games with an 81-65 victory over San Jose State on Saturday night.
Jared Quayle added 14 points and Tyler Newbold scored 13 for Utah State (20-6, 10-2 Western Athletic), which took a 13-11 lead on Quayle’s 3-pointer with 14:08 in the first half and never trailed again. The Aggies shot 61.7 percent from the field and were 9 of 14 on 3-pointers.
Adrian Oliver scored 28 points for the Spartans (12-12, 5-7), who lost at home for only the second time this season. C.J. Webster added 12 points.
Utah State shot better than 60 percent from the field for the second time this season and shot a season-high 64.3 percent from 3-point range.
- Utah State wins 10th in a row, 81-65
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook