Wofford defeats Samford 59-54
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Junior Salters scored 15 points to lead Wofford to a 59-54 win over Samford on Saturday.
Tim Johnson scored 13 points and grabbed 16 rebounds for the Terriers (19-8, 11-3 Southern Conference), who are on a six-game winning streak. Noah Dahlman added 12 points.
Johnson’s 16 rebounds were just one short of his career high.
A 9-0 run from Wofford in the second half gave them a 41-38 lead with 8:49 remaining. The Terriers maintained the lead for the remainder of the game, leading by as many as nine points after a 3-pointer from Cameron Rundles gave Wofford a 53-44 lead with 3:08 left.
Trey Montgomery scored 17 points to lead the Bulldogs (10-16, 4-10), who have lost six of their past seven games.
The Terriers outrebounded the Bulldogs 33-26, and outscored Samford 35-22 in the second half.
- Wofford defeats Samford 59-54
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?